It also gives protection to bare timber from the ageing effects of sun and rain. To provide extended durability to the timber, precoat with one of the Hickson Decor Wood Stain range.
• patios • decking • utility rooms • steps
• jetties • swimming pools
• water repellent • does not blister or peel
• high solids for extra durability
• UV and water resistant • microporous
• biocides protect against algae, mildew and fungal attack
at a glance product info
UV filter protection
high particle content
does not blister or peel
available in: 1 litre • 2.5 litre
drying time: Touch dry 3-5 hours. • coverage: 9 square metres per litre, 90 square feet per quart, depending on porosity of substrate.
application and advice
New timber should be clean, non-oily and thoroughly dry. Remove all old coatings to bare wood. If the timber is not pressure treated apply an appropriate wood preservative.
New timber should be well sanded, non-oily and thoroughly dry. Old paint must be clean and sound. Lightly sand to key surface. Always remove leaves and decaying vegetation from the surface. Stir thoroughly before and during use. Do not apply below 5°C. Brush apply one coat evenly with the grain in a full flowing coat, do not overbrush. Wiping surface with methylated spirit will assist adhesion.
Application rollers, sponges and pads, or clothes soaked in this product, may spontaneously combust if left. Dispose of after soaking in water.
Protect from extremes of temperature during storage and application.
health, safety and the environment
DANGER: Flammable liquid and vapour. May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways. May cause drowsiness and dizziness. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Avoid release into the environment.
Read all instructions before use. Keep out of reach of children.
Not recommended for interior use on large surface areas.
Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Use explosion-proof electrical, ventilating, lighting and all material-handling equipment. Contaminated cloths may self ignite without warning. Dispose of after soaking in water.
Use only in well ventilated areas. Wear protective gloves. Wear eye or face protection. IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately seek medical attention. Do NOT induce vomiting. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water or shower, do not use solvent, thinners or white spirit. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand.
Remove excess from tools and mixing vessels before cleaning with white spirits. Dispose of contents and container in accordance with all local, regional, national and international regulations.